Garage Door Repair Rochester Hills Michigan
Garage doors are almost certainly used on a daily basis. You leave for work, it’s used. You come back home and park your car, it’s used. Your garage doors, too, get worn out of constant opening and closing.
How do you determine what problems your garage door needs for fixing or maintaining? Following an inspection and maintenance routine could keep your garage doors operating in the long run. Here are a couple of practices you can perform on your garage doors:
- Make sure the garage door rollers and tracks are in good shape. You should begin by brushing the rollers and tracks, and by lubricating the rollers and axles. You should replace rollers that aren’t functioning smoothly if their bearings wear out.
- Tighten the hardware. Tracks, which guide rollers on an overhead garage door, are mounted to the garage with brackets and are assembled in sections. Ascertain that the brackets and screws are properly secured and that the screws and bolts are tight.
- Check the cables and pulleys. A spiral-operated garage door’s cables and pulleys will eventually wear out. Damaged pulleys and ripped cables should be replaced.
- Test the door balance. To move a garage door, you should be able to apply only a few pounds of pressure. In case the springs wear out and lose their resilience, a power garage door opener might have to work harder to lift the door. Over time, this can severely damage the motor. Spring replacement is usually the best solution.
- The door opener’s autoreverse needs to be tested. In the event of an obstacle on the way down to the floor, garage door openers are designed to reverse and raise the door. The heavy door poses a safety hazard if this feature is no longer functional. The door opener should be repaired or replaced if this malfunctions.
But, how do you do all these on your own? Were you overwhelmed with what you just read and have no idea how to perform them? Don’t worry! You don’t have to bother learning about these technical procedures to deal with your garage doors. Doors of Pontiac will do the job for you.
Have your garage door repaired in Rochester Hills, Michigan with Doors of Pontiac. Whether you want to install a new garage door or repair an existing one, we’re here to assist you. Our team has received the most up-to-date training and tools to make sure you are equipped to make the right choice for your home.
Benefits of Hiring Doors of Pontiac
Hiring Doors of Pontiac offers several benefits for your garage doors. All garage door repair and installation services are handled by our experienced professionals who possess the requisite knowledge and experience. You must hire a company with years of experience in the garage door industry if you plan to get your garage door maintained properly in Rochester Hills, Michigan. Here are a few advantages of hiring Doors of Pontiac:
- Field Expertise
Professionals from our company are well versed in the operation of garage doors. As a result, they can easily identify problems with garage doors. Aside from that, they are also familiar with the latest garage door types and the components that come with them. Therefore, they can easily replace garage door parts. If you have your garage door repaired regularly, the lifespan of the door will be prolonged.
- Right Tools
To repair garage doors, you will need expensive specialized tools. They are not affordable if you are working on one garage door at a time. Such tools are usually only suitable for specific tasks. The garage door repair professionals at our company have the right tools for handling various projects, which include springs and openers. Our company has the right tools that the average person can’t afford on the market. Use inferior tools when making DIY repairs or you will compromise the repair and may not achieve the desired results.
Garage door repair and installation projects are handled by our team of professionals using safe tools and methods. An accident involving a garage door can be deadly since they weigh around 500 pounds. To help prevent such tragedies, we have garage door professionals working in teams. When they are servicing the doors, they know where to hold them.
Doors of Pontiac provides a warranty on all parts of the repairs they handle. In case you plan on servicing the garage door yourself, you won’t have this option. Our specialists will assure you that you are protected against any future garage door issues that may arise and that you might need repair services soon.
- Garage Door Openers: The operating system includes the opener, safety eyes, and carriage, which ensures that your door opens and closes properly.
- Garage Door Sales & Installation: Our company partners with the industry’s best manufacturers for you to find the right garage door.
- Garage Door Springs: The door springs are responsible for doing most of the heavy lifting for your door system, so you must maintain them and make sure they’re working properly.
- Custom Garage Doors: Custom Garage Doors are built specifically for your home – making your home stand out from the others.
- Tune-Ups: Routine maintenance helps to detect and prevent problems before they develop and can save you time and money in the long run.
- Panel Replacement: A new panel can restore a door’s appearance after it has been bent or broken.
- Weather Seals: Keep your garage dry, protected from rain, dust, and invading rodents and pests.
- Crashed Door Service: Accidents happen, and in cases like these, we can assist with getting your door back to normal – and your life back on track.
Who We Are
In 1977, Ralph and Emily Asp started Doors of Pontiac. A lot has changed since then. We have changed locations three times and have increased our personnel tenfold. Our two showrooms are open six days a week to make shopping for doors most convenient for our clientele. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with many different garage door and entry door options. We offer entry door choices of decorative glass in steel, fiberglass, or wood doors.
We specialize in the largest parts department in Michigan where you can find opener parts, circuit boards, rollers, and other accessories. Our Commercial parts department has everything you need for any hollow metal or aluminum doors. We have pivots, hinges, closers, commercial locks, and many more accessories. We welcome you to stop in and see Doors of Pontiac and the Asp family.
Why Choose Doors of Pontiac
Doors of Pontiac has been in business for 40 years. Among the things that our customers say the most is, “I want to see how the doors look.”
We go to extremes to ensure that our customers experience our products in the best way possible by letting them touch, feel and see them. There is a demand for seeing the doors in person, and we are here to provide them with this opportunity.
What Our Customers Say
“Harold had me up and running again within a few minutes of his visit. He showed up within the first 10 minutes of the 1-hour appointment window. He gave me maintenance tips and he looked over for any other possible issues and sprayed my tracks. Great service. In and out and everything is working again and he said there is a 30 warranty on their work.” – Kel “KZ” Z
“Estimate for replacing two wood doors on an exterior shed was done as agreed-no delays & price was reasonable considering all the shortages of materials/higher prices. They even delivered the doors (no extra charge) the week before the scheduled installation so I could get them painted before they were hung. Installation date as scheduled with no delay. The job was done expertly. Doors had to be cut to fit on site. Bob and Erin did an excellent job. Very pleased.” – Karen2 ODonnell
“What a great experience! Called to get an appointment to have our garage door fixed and expected to have to wait a week or two and I got an appointment that very day! Both the receptionist and Harold were very nice and Harold made sure the door was working perfectly. I would recommend Doors of Pontiac to anybody and I will be using their services again in the future if needed. Thank you so much, Doors of Pontiac!” – Norma Morlan
“Surprise! Your garage door breaks at 6 am. Can’t get the car out to go to work. Call Doors of Pontiac at 9 am. They quote a repairman can stop by between 1-4. Great! They call to say he can be there early-is that okay? (what planet does that happen on?) The knowledgeable, competent repairman shows up around noon-my door is repaired and working before 1:00. Bam!! That’s how great customer service is done-THANK YOU” – Donna A.